It’s actually very simple. There’s no tomorrow unless we act today. We need to reduce our impact on the environment and to have a positive effect on the communities in which we operate.
There’s an ecosystem on, under and around the Baltic Sea. It’s the life under water and on land, it’s the resources we use, it’s the climate and it’s the people onshore and on the sea. We see ourselves as a part of the environment we operate in,
not existing in isolation.
We have already invested significantly into sustainability and we believe it will pay off for our environment, communities, people. Building more collaboration between all the influencers in our industry and communities we operate in sets a new course for working towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
We are working together for a more positive future and we at Tallink Grupp believe it is our duty to do so.
We want to be the first choice for guilt-free enjoyment, leisure and transportation around the Baltic Sea, a first-choice employer in all our business areas, and a global benchmark for sustainable travel, leisure and logistics. We want to be the preferred platform for brands who want to attract increasingly aware and responsible customers in the New Nordic region.
To ensure a future for the next generations, we must learn to provide leisure, luxury, travel, transport and work, with a true sense of responsibility. We want to leave behind a clean world with prosperous communities and happy people. So we will take action. For the Future.
Sustainability | Certificates
Selection of international certificates held by Group companies and ships:
Safety certificates for Tallink:
- Document of Compliance* by Estonian Maritime Administration
- Document of Compliance* by Finnish Maritime Administration
- Document of Compliance* by Swedish Maritime Administration
- Document of Compliance* by Latvian Maritime Administration
Environmental certificates for Tallink:
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Certificate by Lloyds Register
- MARPOL Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate
- MARPOL Air Pollution Prevention Certificate
- IAFS International Anti-Fouling System Certificate
- MARPOL Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate
- Document of Compliance for Anti-fouling System
- MARPOL Garbage Pollution Prevention Attestation
* Document of Compliance is a document issued for the information of interested parties to indicate the compliance with the provisions of the International Convention of the Safety of Life at Sea 1974.
This is to certify the Safety Management System of the Company has been audited and that it complies with the requirements of the International Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention (ISM Code) for the ships. The Document of Compliance is given for the period of five years, the auditing is done annually.