Tallink Grupp as an Investment
Tallink Grupp is the leading European provider of leisure and business travel and sea transportation services in the Baltic Sea region. We own and operate a fleet of 15 vessels under two strong brands - Tallink and Silja Line. Our passenger market share in the Northern Baltic sea area is 50% and we are listed on Nasdaq Tallinn (TAL1T) and Nasdaq Helsinki (TALLINK). Currently the strategic focus is on managing costs and cash flows to ensure sustainability and to bring Tallink Grupp through the global crisis.
We offer sea transportation with mixed tonnage concept vessels meaning all our vessels have car-decks and offer transportation also for ro-ro cargo and passenger vehicles. Our offering to passengers includes both short two-hour connections between Tallinn and Helsinki (shuttle service) and overnight cruises on various Baltic sea routes. We have comprehensive on board shopping and catering services with sales at restaurants, shops and bars constituting more than half of our revenues.
Our vision is to be the market pioneer in Europe by offering excellence in leisure and business travel and sea transportation services.
The current strategic cornerstones and our competitive advantages are:
Our long-term objectives towards increasing the company’s value and profitability include among other things:
- Striving for the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Increasing volumes and strengthening our leading position in our home markets
- Developing a wide range of quality services directed at different customers and pursuing new growth opportunities
- Ensuring cost efficient operations
- Managing the optimal debt level that will allow sustainable dividends
Tallink Grupp has paid dividends and made other distributions to shareholders since 2013. Our dividend policy is to distribute annually at least 5 euro cents per share, if the economic performance enables it.
Tallink Grupp becomes Nasdaq ESG Transparency Partner
AS Tallink Grupp has been recognised as a Nasdaq ESG Transparency Partner. The recognition is presented to companies which display a high level of transparency to its investors when it comes to Environmental, Social and Governance issues (ESG).
What are Environmental, Social and Governance criteria?
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria are a set of standards for a company’s operations that socially conscious investors use to screen potential investments.
- Environmental criteria consider how a company performs as a steward of nature.
- Social criteria examine how it manages relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates.
- Governance deals with a company’s leadership, executive pay, audits, internal controls, and shareholder rights.